Athlete Wellbeing and Engagement
What is Athlete Wellbeing and Engagement (AW&E)?
The Athlete Wellbeing and Engagement Program assists athletes develop a balance between life activities and sports performance, with a strong focus on overall wellbeing.
AW&E services are available to all SASI scholarship holders, and National Sporting Organisation athletes based in South Australia.
How can Athlete Wellbeing and Engagement help?
The AW&E Program tailors specific resources to reflect the individual needs and aspirations of athletes. This can include one to one and / or small group sessions.
- Empowering athletes’ understanding of their values, skills and preferences
- Acknowledging the changing world of work and employers’ expectations
- Developing goals and a plan to achieve non-sporting aspirations
- Balancing the commitments of sport, education and life
- Understanding athlete identities, their brand and presence in person, online and on paper
- Supporting life outside of sport, so athletes are better positioned for optimising performance
- Assist in the navigation and understanding of educational pathways across all levels (Primary, Secondary, Tertiary)
- Advocacy and liaison with schools and key stakeholders to ensure adequate support is available for student athletes
- Access to resources and key contacts to inform athletes and significant others of educational opportunities
- Career information and resources to improve labour market awareness
- Assist in Resume and cover letter development
- Guidance through job search, application processes and interviewing skills
- Providing services and resources to assist with non-selection, retirement, injury and relocation
- Navigating and adjusting to the challenges of significant life circumstances
- Understanding and planning for life outside and after sport
For Coaching / Support Staff
For Parents / Significant Others
Athlete Careers and Transition Lead
South Australian Sports Institute
Office for Recreation, Sport and Racing
T (08) 7424 7632 * M 0418 891 440 * E firstname.lastname@example.org