SASI Individual Athlete Scholarship
- Use of SASI facilities and training venues
- Sport science and sport medicine servicing
- Athlete career development assistance
* Benchmark Events – The highest ranked event each year specific to your sport at the appropriate age and level i.e. World Championships
SASI Country Athlete Award
- The implementation of a training and competition program;
- Travel and accommodation not met by the club, State or National Sporting Organisation;
- The purchase and maintenance of training and competition equipment.
CAA recipients will have demonstrated through their sporting achievements, an outstanding ability to progress to the senior elite level. Athletes who have been identified by the SASI Talent Search Program or a National Talent Identification Program in their sport will also be considered.
Other funding opportunities for athletes
Listed below are some other funding options for athletes. Please check with the providers directly for information.
Sport Australia Hall of Fame Scholarship & Mentoring Program
The Sport Australia Hall of Fame Scholarship & Mentoring Program is a unique and valuable program for young Australian athletes.
The Sport Australia Hall of Fame Scholarship & Mentoring Program consists of:
- One-on-one personal mentoring by an Inducted SAHOF Member
- A $5,000 sporting expenses grant
- On stage presentation of the Scholarship at the SAHOF Induction & Awards Gala Dinner
- SAHOF Scholarship merchandise pack
Robert Gerard AO Emerging Athlete Development Fund
The Robert Gerard AO Emerging Athlete Development Fund Inc (RGEADF) was originally established in May 2007. Its charter includes the provision of support to next generation elite athletes, particularly those competing at the Junior/ Under 23 World Championship / International benchmark event. The program typically award grants ranging from $1,000 - $5,000 annually.
Athletes at the senior level who have not yet consolidated their position on national teams along with athletes with significant financial challenges are also encouraged to apply.
Sport Australia - Local Sporting Champions
The Local Sporting Champions program provides financial assistance for coaches, officials and competitors aged 12-18 participating in state, national or international championships.
If successful, applicants will receive $500 - $750 towards the cost of attending their championships.
- Base Grant: $500
- Applicants travelling 800km - 1999km to their nominated championships: + $100
- Applicants travelling internationally or greater than 2000km to their nominated championships: + $200
- Applicants residing in a rural electorate: + $50
Sport Australia - Sport Leadership Grants and Scholarships for Women Program
The Sport Leadership Grants and Scholarships for Women program provides women with opportunities to undertake training to reach their leadership potential within the industry as coaches, officials and administrators.
Local City Council
Many local councils in South Australia offer financial grants and assistance to athletes in their council areas.
These can range from $50-$500 annually, depending on level of competition and age.
Please check with your local City Council in the first instance.
Please note: councils not listed may still be able to offer financial assistance to athletes, so please contact them for further information.
Local City Councils
Adelaide Hills Council
The Barossa Council
City of Charles Sturt
The Coorong District Council
District Council of the Copper Coast
District Council of Elliston
Reginal Council of Goyder
District Council of Grant
City of Holdfast Bay
Kangaroo Island Council
District Council of Karoonda East Murray
Kingston District Council
District Council of Loxton Waikerie
District Council of Mallala
City of Marion
Mid Murray Council
City of Mitcham
District Council of Mt Barker
City of Mt Gambier
District Council of Mt Remarkable
The Rural City of Murray Bridge
The City of Norwood, Payneham & St Peters
City of Onkaparinga
District Council of Peterborough
City of Playford
City of Port Adelaide Enfield
City of Port Lincoln
Port Pirie Regional Council
City of Prospect
District Council of Renmark Paringa
City of Salisbury
Southern Mallee District Council
City of Tea Tree Gully
City of Unley
City of Victor Harbor
Wakefield Regional Council
Wattle Range Council
City of West Torrens
The Corporation of the City of Whyalla
District Council of Yankalila