What is SASI
Our Mission - Our Goals
Established in 1982, the South Australian Sports Institute (SASI) was Australia's first state sports institute. It is a division of the Office for Recreation and Sport in the South Australian Government.
SASI identifies, develops and supports athletes with the potential to perform at the highest national and international levels of sport.
The institute works with sporting partners to conduct world-class intensive coaching and training programs and individual scholarship programs.
Delivering leading edge scientific and technical support, SASI supports the holistic development of athletes, coaches and staff.
SASI Team Charter
As team members and individual professionals we are committed, driven and guided by our team charter and culture.
We believe these principles and actions allow us to identify, support and develop South Australian athletes to take on and beat the world's best.
We will develop world class athletes and deliver the highest quality daily training environments and support services through:
- Set aspirational goals and standards.
- Consistently exceed goals and expectations in our key performance areas.
- Benchmark our operations against our peers and the world's best.
- Have a targeted and prioritised focus on the best potential athletes and most productive processes.
- Develop collaborative plans and action strategies.
- Clearly define and be held to account for our roles and responsibilities.
- Collaborate our individual efforts towards achieving shared goals.
- Publicly recognise the contributions of others.
- Invest time and resources to foster innovation.
- Pursue opportunities for innovative collaboration.
- Review our practices and processes to drive future directions.
- Be courageous, challenge the status quo, and propose new ways and new ideas.
- Communicate honestly and constructively with all teammates and other stakeholders.
- Prepare, contribute and follow through with our commitments.
- Abide by our professional and Departmental policies and procedures.
- Show enthusiasm and energy in performing all our tasks and activities.
SASI Team Charter (PDF)
SASI Strategic Plan
- targeted investment
- collaborative partnerships and sustainable partnerships
- world class services and operations, and
- committed people and teams.
Australia's Winning Edge
SASI sports programs and athletes are supported with access to a comprehensive range of world class and specialist facilities to provide the highest quality daily training environments.
SASI Headquarters - Kidman Park Campus
- Altitude Chamber
- Movement Science /Biomechanics laboratory
- Physiology lab
SASI High Performance Hub - Marion SA Aquatic and Leisure Centre
SASI Coaches Hub
Diving Dry Land Training
SASI Rowing - AM Ramsay Regatta Course
- Regatta course
- SASI Ergometer Training Facility
- Murray River Camps
SASI Cycling - Adelaide Superdrome
- International standard track
- Electronic timing
- Corporate facilities
Policies & Publications
- SASI Anti Doping Policy
- SASI Nutritional Supplements Policy (PDF)
- SASI Welfare and Protection Policy
Office For Recreation and Sport : Sport Policies and Resources
SASI Annual Highlights and Awards
- 2008 Annual Highlights (PDF)
- 2008 Award Nominees and Winners
- 2009 Annual Highlights (PDF)
- 2009 Award Nominees and Winners
- 2010 Annual Highlights (PDF)
- 2010 Award Nominees and Winners
- 2011 Annual Highlights (PDF)
- 2011 Award Nominees and Winners
- 2012 Annual Highlights (PDF)
- 2012 Award Nominees and Winners
- 2013 Annual Highlights (PDF)
- 2013 Award Nominees and Winners
ORS Snapshots with SASI Highlights
Working at SASI
Employment at the Office for Recreation and Sport
The Office for Recreation and Sport employs a variety of people to meet its needs in a diverse range of recreation and sport functions.
Current Job vacancies
Please visit the Office for Recreation & Sport website for current job vacancies.
The ORS is a State Government employer, with most positions only available to employees of the SA Public Service. All vacancies can be found at Jobs SA.
Employment opportunities that are open to members of the public are advertised via relevant media such as The Advertiser, The Australian, online recruitment websites and local country papers. They are also advertised on the Office for Recreation & Sport website.
For positions requiring essential qualifications, you will need to have your overseas qualifications assessed. This may be done through DIMA or by contacting theOverseas Qualifications Unit, English Language and Literacy Services, Adelaide Institute of TAFE.
Secondary students wishing to undertake work experience at the South Australian Sports Institute or the Office for Recreation and Sport should submit their request in writing before the end of March each year. All applications will be reviewed early April with the outcomes notified to all applicants shortly thereafter.
The Office for Recreation and Sport offers work experience opportunities for South Australian high school students each year across our diverse range of our business areas:
The following opportunities are available:
- Sport and Recreation Development
- South Australian Sports Institute
- Facility Development and Infrastructure
For more information on each area, please refer to the 'about us' section on the Office for Recreation and Sport web site.
Recreation and sport is a popular choice for many students and the demand for work experience is significantly greater than the available opportunities.
Interested secondary students should prepare and Expression of Interest (EOI) including the following information;
- the date of your placement
- your educational background
- how work experience at ORS will assist you in determining your career directions
- what areas of recreation and sport you would like to gain work experience in (refer to the organisation structure)
- any other information that demonstrates your desire for a placement at this office
- the date you require a response.
Please address your EOI to:
Office for Recreation and Sport
PO Box 219
Brooklyn Park SA 5032
For further information or to obtain a copy of a document in an alternative format please contact:
Phone: 1300 714 990